“UJ taught me the intangible skills that have proved so important in my career success–collaboration, relationship building, and servant leadership. I couldn’t be more thankful for those who instilled these values in me during my time at UJ!”
Alumni Awards and Honors
Find recipients of alumni awards and learn how to nominate an alum.
Alumni Hall of Fame
The University of Jamestown Alumni Hall of Fame honors alumni who have made outstanding contributions to their alma mater and humanity. Admission to this Hall of Fame is the highest honor presented by the University of Jamestown Alumni Association.
Nominations are accepted year-round but must be received no later than January 15 of each year for induction during May Commencement.
To be considered for the award:
- A candidate must have received a bachelor’s degree from University of Jamestown or provided outstanding service for the development of the college.
- Ten years must have elapsed since the candidate graduated or in the case of non-graduates, 10 years from the commencement of service to the college.
- The candidate must have made an outstanding contribution to the college or humanity as a student, faculty member, or administrative staff member of the college; or through distinguished career and/or volunteer efforts in the period following his/her years at University of Jamestown.
Young Alumni Medallions
The Young Alumni Medallions honor the successes of individuals possessing the characteristics of a University of Jamestown liberal arts education. The recipients will reflect the following qualities:
- Combined professional competence and skills with a commitment to broad-based learning and intellectual curiosity.
- Demonstrated a commitment to lifelong learning through a continued effort to learn and grow as an individual.
- Rendered valuable service to the local or wider community.
- Demonstrated good character in their relationship with other individuals and the community as a whole.
Recipients will be graduates from any classes of the previous twelve years, portraying the purpose of the award by success in personal and professional areas of life.