To honor former University of Jamestown coaches, stand-out athletes, distinguished graduates and athletic supporters of the University of Jamestown.
Those people eligible to be included are (1) former University of Jamestown coaches; (2) stand-out athletes, with emphasis on All-American, All Conference, All District performers; (3) and significant contributors to the university’s mission as well as athletic department.
The Hall of Fame will recognize persons from all sports in which University of Jamestown competed as a recognized intercollegiate athletic event through its long history. Eligibility for induction is open to those who have passed away as well as those still living.
To be considered for induction into the Hall of Fame, an individual must first be nominated. Nominations can be offered by anyone except the person being nominated. The Selection Committee will, then, investigate each nominee making sure he/she meets the criteria established for induction. Those nominated receiving the most votes from the committee will be inducted, with due attention to yearly minimal numbers. The University of Jamestown President, cannot vote; in effect, the affirmative vote is a recommendation for their consideration.
- Former University of Jamestown coach:
- Must have made significant contributions to the university, its students, and its athletic department;
- Must have been employed by the university as a coach for a minimum of five (5) years;
- This honor may be posthumously bestowed.
- Standout Athlete:
- Must have been named to an All-Conference, All-State, All-District and/or All-American team at least once
- If no All-Conference, All-State, All-District, or All-American honors are applicable (because of the period of time, institution, or sport), the nominated athlete must have representative statistical credentials for the committee to consider
- The nominee must have been in good academic standing. If academic records unavailable, a college diploma will be
adequate for criteria purposes;
- The nominee must be a graduate and been out of the school for at least ten (10) years;
- A minimum of two years as a letter award recipient with participation in at least one sport.
- Athletic achievement after University of Jamestown
- This honor may be posthumously bestowed.
- Honorary Inductee:
- A non-alumni who has made outstanding contributions to the University of Jamestown Athletic Department and its
programs. This honor may be posthumously bestowed.
Selection Committee & Selection Process
The Hall of Fame Selection Committee shall consist of the current Jimmie Booster Club Board. The current board consists of eleven members; including the Booster Club Director (non-voting), the Athletic Director (non-voting) and nine board members (voting).
The Selection Committee shall use the following process in selecting yearly inductees for the Hall of Fame:
- A nomination can be offered by anyone except the person being nominated. Reasons for nominating this person
must accompany the nomination
- All nominations must be directed to the Chair of the Selection Committee;
- To be declared eligible each nominated individual, the committee researcher will validate the nominee’s credentials and past record;
- d. Nominees are then compared by category; Individual, Team, Rollie Greeno Award, Jim Clark Award
- The Committee will discuss all nominees before voting and recommending to the Chair, who will then present to the
University of Jamestown President
- Non-elected nominations will remain on ballot in subsequent years. Nominations may be added to as new information becomes available.
The numbers of inductees added to the Hall of Fame each year depend upon the Selection Committee’s decision, based upon the number and quality of qualified nominations received. The number selected for induction shall not exceed five (5) persons. The minimum number to consider for induction is two (2) persons.
Careful consideration must be placed on balancing the yearly inductees by era, gender and sport.
The timetable to follow is as follows:
- Date of announcement (Jimmie Scramble)
- Location of the kiosk
- January 1–Nominee solicitation begins
- April 1–Closing date for nominations
- May 1–Committee selections and votes
- May 30–Announcement of persons being inducted are presented (included in Alumni & Friends)
- Hall of Fame weekend during University of Jamestown Homecoming—Hall of Fame banquet honoring inductees,
families and friends
- Prior to halftime of the Homecoming Football game -Honor inductees in front of crowd
A duplicate of the plaque presented to the inductees or his/her descendants, is placed on the special Hall of Fame kiosk in the Harold Newman Arena. A duplicate of the plaque presented to the inductees or his/her descendants, is placed on the special Hall of Fame wall located in the hallway of the Lyngstad Center. These plaques are donated to University of Jamestown by the Jimmie Booster Club.