Religious Life & Campus Ministry
Discover faith formation opportunities and resources available to the University community.
Explore, expand, and embrace your faith.
UJ is the perfect place to begin or expand your faith journey. We challenge interested students to deepen their Christian faith and relationships. You’ll be celebrated for who you are, where you are, and have a supportive community to help you continue to develop into the person God intended.
Our staff and faculty strive to embody Christian tenets and convey love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control.
Faith Formation Opportunities
We strive to offer diverse opportunities for students to connect with God and explore their faith in non-threatening environments. When you participate in faith formation opportunities led by Campus Ministry, you’ll find a warm and welcoming family of believers that want to support, care for, and learn with and from one another. To make sure every interested student—regardless of their busy schedule–can participate, an activity is available almost every night of the week!
- Participate in a Bible Study
- Attend Chapel Worship Services, Thursdays at 11 a.m.
- Engage in Christian Service
- Attend a fellowship event
- Serve on a ministry team
If you would like to participate in campus ministry opportunities or would like more information, please reach out to Kirstie Dobson, Director of Campus Ministries, or to any Campus Ministry member. They’re a friendly group, who would love to say hi, get to know you, and share with you all that they have going on.
You can also follow UJ’s Campus Ministry on Instagram @ujministry. There are weekly updates, a verse of the week, special video messages, and more.
Please reach out to our Director of Campus Ministry to learn more about the following resources available to our students.
- Free Bibles
- Prayer Request Boxes
- These boxes can be found in the Ministry Lounge—just outside Knight Hall (the Caf)—and in the Voorhees Chapel. Prayer boxes are a way for you to ask for prayers, anonymously and confidentially, for yourself or on behalf of someone else. Your prayer requests will be prayed for by Campus Ministry staff and will be held in strict confidence unless otherwise noted in the request.
- Soul reflection and prayer room
- Inside of our beautiful and historic Voorhees Chapel is the Soul Reflection and Prayer Room. This room is intended as a peaceful and intimate space for you to connect with God through prayer, meditation, and/or quiet time.
- Pastoral care, spiritual guidance and leadership coaching provided by our Director of Campus Ministry