Learn about eligibility requirements for the Work-Study program, and discover current job openings.
What is Work-Study?
Work-Study is a program that provides part-time jobs for students, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. Work-study jobs are available both on campus and off.
How it works
There are two version of Work-Study: Federal Work-Study and Institutional Work-Study.
- Federal Work-Study: A federal financial aid program for students with financial need.
To be eligible for a Federal Work-Study job, you must:
- Be a citizen, immigrant, refugee, or permanent resident alien of the U.S.
- Not be in default on any federal Title IV loan program and not owe a repayment of a federal grant or scholarship.
- Be enrolled as a student at UJ.
- File a FAFSA.
- Demonstrate financial need through the financial aid application process, receive an award, and accept the offer.
- Submit an I-9 and W-4 to the Financial Aid Department.
- Maintain good standing and satisfactory academic progress while employed.
- Institutional Work-Study: A Work-Study program for qualified students, financed by UJ.
To be eligible for an Institutional Work-Study job, you must complete forms I-9 and W-4 before you can begin working on campus. To complete the I-9, you must review original documents that prove your identity and citizenship status. A U.S. Passport proves both identity and citizenship. Other acceptable documents are a U.S. Social Security card or certified birth certificate and some form of photo ID. Photocopies are not accepted. These forms may be completed in the Financial Aid Office.
UJ does not place students in jobs and no job at UJ is guaranteed. Ultimately, it is the student’s responsibility to conduct a job search, apply for jobs, interview, and be hired.
Once accepted into the program, Work-Study earnings can be applied towards your outstanding balance by signing a form with the Cashier.
For list of available positions click here. The list includes both Federal and Institutional Work-Study positions.
Need more information?
Financial Aid Office
The Financial Aid Office is open M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. It is located on the lower level of Liechty Center/Taber Hall.