Computer Labs FAQ
Computer Labs FAQ
|Lyngstad 209||M – F 8 am to 10 pm|
|Sorkness 101||M – F 8 am to 12 pm|
|Sat/Sun 10 am to 12 pm|
|Orlady Lab||M – F school hours|
|Music Lab||M – F school hours|
University of Jamestown computer labs are for use by University of Jamestown students, faculty, and staff only. No one else may use the labs without prior authorization by IT Services.
- Campus computer labs are for use by University of Jamestown students, faculty, and staff.
- Food and beverages are not allowed. They can damage our equipment.
- The first priority for computer lab equipment is instruction and class assignments.
- During busy times, you may be asked to relinquish your computer if you are not doing class work.
- Copying software is illegal. Don’t do it.
- We are here to help. If you have any questions or problems, please ask for assistance.
- All users of University of Jamestown computing and networking equipment are expected to adhere to the UJ Student Acceptable Use Policy.
While labs are available to use for students, faculty and staff when class is not in session, users will need to use their campus credentials to login to the computers.
Yes, but only temporarily and only while you are currently working on the computer. The hard drive of a lab computer is locked down and when you log out or if the computer is shut down for any reason (such as a power outage) all changes to the hard drive will be erased and you will lose all your data. Instead of using the hard drive use your U: (user) drive. Each student is given 200mb of storage space on their U: drive. Think of the lab computer hard drives as a place to store files temporarily, while you are working on them, but be sure to move them to your U: drive and/or a disk when you’re finished.
Many of the computer labs are used as classrooms, so be sure you check the schedule posted outside the door before entering. Do NOT enter a lab while a class is in session.
Yes, there is a color printer called libmain located in the Library. The cost per page to print at a color printer is $0.25. This is the case even if the document you are printing is only black and white.
Yes. All labs on campus have wireless internet available.
To reserve a lab for one-time use, occasional use, or for an entire course, contact the firstname.lastname@example.org. Labs are reserved on a first come, first served basis.