Learn about admission and application requirements for non-U.S. students.
Interested in studying at a University in the United States?
University of Jamestown is proud to host students from many countries. Our team is here to help make your transition to the U.S., as well as to campus, as smooth as possible.
Your application and credentials must be completed 60 days prior to the beginning of a term.
Apply in 5 Easy Steps
- Complete a free, online application.
It’s free and only takes 15 minutes.
2. Submit your transcripts.
Submit official transcripts from all secondary schools and universities you have attended, (including all English-speaking countries). International students are required to submit their academic transcripts to InCRED Transcript Evaluation Services for evaluation.
3. Submit English Proficiency Scores
International students must provide a score from the following test providers:
• TOEFL (code is 6318). A minimum TOEFL score of 525 on the paper test, 197 on the computerized version or 70 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) is required.
• IELTS exam with a minimum score of 6.0 overall and a 5.5 minimum on any one test section. ACT or SAT scores are optional. (Note: if you are from an English-speaking country, the English proficiency requirement may be waived.)
• Duolingo exam with a minimum score of 95.
4. Provide Documentation of Sufficient Financial Resources
The United States Department of Homeland Security regulations require international students to demonstrate the ability to finance their education prior to the release of their DHS Form I-20. The University of Jamestown requires two months dated bank statements as proof of adequate financial resources or a copy of a certified letter from the applicant’s financial institution stating the amount of funds available.
5. Provide Proof of Health Insurance
Prior to your arrival to the University of Jamestown, you must provide proof of health insurance that will cover you here in the United States in case of a health emergency. If you are unsure about your current coverage, please consult with your provider. If your current coverage does not cover you abroad, we can recommend third party providers who specialize in international student health insurance, which costs about $100/month. Please contact the Director of International Admission at email@example.com for more information.
Required documents should be sent to one of the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 701-253-4318
- Donovan Gibson
Office of Admission
University of Jamestown
6081 College Lane
Jamestown, ND 58405
Your application will be reviewed for an admission decision after the above credentials are received. If admitted, you will be required to submit a one-time International Student Balance Reduction Payment of 25% of the first semester balance. If you are unable to secure a visa, the payment will be refunded.