University of Jamestown Music Education Distinctions
Our curriculum reflects current state and national standards for preparation of future music teachers. As a music education major at University of Jamestown, you will benefit from:
- faculty who are dedicated to teaching and willing to work with students to have the best college experience
- numerous performing ensembles
- hands-on opportunities to meet and work with educators and students in the community
- the latest information with regard to legislation and regulations affecting the teaching profession
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experiences, and co-curricular activities
University of Jamestown education students score above the national average on the ACT test and maintain some of the top grade point averages among all students. We seek students who can face the demands and challenges of the teaching profession and who are well-prepared and confident that they will make an important difference in the lives of children and young adults.
Education students are encouraged to join the Student North Dakota Education Association. Other organizations in early childhood education, reading, mathematics, and science also provide opportunities for participation.
Eligible students are invited to join Pi Lambda Theta, the international honor society and professional association in education.
Music Education Fact Sheet
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
University of Jamestown
Jamestown, ND 58405
Richard Walentine, DMA Professor of Voice
firstname.lastname@example.org | PH: 701-252-3467 ext. 5026
Aaron McDermid, D.M.A. Assistant Professor and Director of Choral Activities
email@example.com | PH: 701-252-3467 ext. 5428
Laura Lynch, D.A. Assistant Professor and Director of Instrumental Music
firstname.lastname@example.org | PH: 701-252-3467 ext. 5438