Certified Nurse Educator
M.S., Minnesota State University Moorhead
B.S.N., Minot State University
Monday: 2-4 p.m.
Tuesday: 1-2 p.m.
Wednesday: 1-2 p.m.
Notes: More times available to meet as my lab/clinical schedule varies weekly. If my office door is open, feel free to come in. Please use outlook or e-mail for specific meeting time.
I was born in Indiana but have lived in Kansas and Texas. Now I feel like a North Dakotan after spending over 40 years in the state with about half in Minot. There I attained a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing and worked in the hospital and then Home Health and Hospice. I also met my husband and eventually we moved to Jamestown, with our three young children, for him to become the Executive Director of Youth for Christ. I took a year to assist him with getting Youth for Christ going and one activity was a Good News club at Anne Carlsen Center (ACC). I loved that so much that I started working at ACC as a nurse for the next 10 years. The experiences I had with University of Jamestown students having clinical at ACC guided me to attain a Master’s Degree in Nursing Education from Minnesota State University at Moorhead. I have taught at University of Jamestown since 2008 and truly enjoy seeing students gain understanding and ability to apply the information.
My Favorite Course to Teach
Nursing foundations is the most fun as I get to teach basic nursing skills and how nurse’s think.
Scholarly and Creative Works
- Master’s thesis “Preparation of Senior Nursing Students for End-of-life Care: A Descriptive Study”
- “Should I go international?? Survey say “Yes” for greater impact of diversity” May 2016
- “What is an IS? Do I blow through it? How a perioperative simulation impacts comprehension.” December 2014
- Creation of new simulation scenarios for nursing students to work in teams to improve communication and safe practice.
Awards and Grants
- Outstanding Advisor award 2021
- Professional Affiliations and Memberships: Sigma Nursing Honor Society, American Nurses Association