Nicole Hochhalter, RDN
M.S. in Health, Nutrition & Exercise Science, North Dakota State University
Dietetics Distance Internship/Graduate School, Iowa State University
B.S. in Dietetics, North Dakota State University
701-252-3467 ext. 5722
Monday: 11:00 – 12:00
Tuesday: 2:00 – 3:00
Wednesday: 11:00 – 12:00
Thursday: 10:30 – 12:00
Friday: 11:00 – 12:00
- I am from Michigan, ND
- I have lived in Michigan, ND, Fargo, ND and Jamestown, ND
- I completed my undergraduate degree in Dietetics from NDSU in December of 2013 and completed my Master’s in Health, Nutrition and Exercise Science from NDSU in May, 2016.
- I am an Assistant Professor in the Kinesiology Department (finishing my 4th year)
- I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and worked as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist in the field for ~3 years
- I am also a NETA- Certified Personal Trainer and see clients for nutrition/exercise interventions
- I am married to Brock Hochhalter and have 2 sons, Aiden and Luca
- In my pastime, I enjoy spending time with family and friends, running, being at the lake and cooking/baking.
My Favorite Course to Teach
My favorite courses to teach are Sports Nutrition and KNS 223: Spinsanity
Scholarly and Creative Works
- Stastny, S., Keith, J., Vasichek, N. & Garden-Robinson (2018). Dietary fat recommendations: Registered dietitian nutritionists’ practices and guidance vary. Pulse, 37(1), 8-15
- Keith, J., Vasichek, N. & Stastny, S. (2016). Dietary fat and consumer confusion: do RDN perception, knowledge, and practice play a part? [Abstract]. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 116 (9), A15.
- Keith, J., Vasichek, N. & Stastny, S. (2016). Dietary fat and consumer confusion: do RDN perception, knowledge, and practice play a part? Poster presented at the Food & Nutrition Conference and Expo, Boston, Mass.
Awards and Grants
- 2016 Food & Nutrition Council Expo (FNCE) Abstract
Acceptance: October 2016
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics