Monday: 11:50 – 1:00ish
Wednesday: 11:50 – 1:00ish
Friday: 11:50 – 1:00ish
I am happy to set up a meeting. Please email me.
Dr. Lang spent two decades in Iowa, one in Missouri, and now two in North Dakota. His partner is a photographer. They have amassed three daughters and two sons.
Scholarly and Creative Works
- “A Simple Defense of the Ontological Argument,” Auslegung, Spring/Summer 2003, Vol. 24, No. 2.
- “When Religion Motivates Politics: A Reply to Audi,” Central States Region SBL, April 2003
- “When Religion Motivates Politics: A Reply to Audi,” Proceedings of the Central States SBL / ASOR 1 (2003)
My Favorite Course to Teach
Classical Philosophy (pre-300 C.E.)
Eudaimonia—a virtuous, healthy, happy life—was the telos (goal) of the classical Greek philosophers. It is also mine.
- Thomas W. Selleck Professor of Alchemy, University of Jamestown 2020
- Emperor of Ethics, Jamestown Regional Medical Center, 2020
- Participant in “Teaching About Islam and Middle Eastern Culture”, American Center for Oriental Research, Amman, Jordan, January 2010, sponsored by the Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) & the Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC)
- Donald K. Anderson Graduate Student Teaching Award, Graduate School, University of Missouri-Columbia, 2001.
- Professor of the Year, University of Jamestown 2011
- Dustin Grant, Ethics ‘03
- Grant Mehring, Ethics ‘07
- Leanna Grant, Ethics ‘07
- Carnegie Corporation of New York Grant ’10
- “Teaching About Islam and Middle Eastern Culture”, American Center for Oriental Research, Amman, Jordan, January 2010