If you enjoy studying living organisms and investigating the foundations of life, a biology degree from University of Jamestown will equip you for further study in graduate school or for a variety of rewarding careers. We invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
University of Jamestown Biology Distinctions
University of Jamestown offers a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Science in Biology. As a biology major at University of Jamestown, you will benefit from:
- courses and labs taught by faculty, not graduate students
- opportunities to engage in research
- a student community which creates an atmosphere of learning and mutual success
- upper-level students who assist and encourage newer students as they develop skills and perspectives
- broad, substantial training in biological concepts and practices
- advisers who keep abreast of new developments in employment and research in the biology field to provide the best personal assistance possible
- a liberal arts tradition which provides an important perspective for a strong science background
- Recently renovated Orlady and newly constructed McKenna Thielsch Science Center
Each class of University of Jamestown biology majors has placed between the 71st and 99th percentile of all colleges in the nation taking a national standardized biology exam. Our graduates have successfully continued their education at graduate schools and professional schools.Biology Factsheet
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
University of Jamestown
6062 College Lane
Jamestown, ND 58405
Bruce Jensen, PhD Professor
email@example.com | PH: 701-252-3467 ext. 5473