Elizabeth Hunt, PhD
Director of Character in Leadership
Character in Leadership
Master of Arts in Leadership
PhD in Organizational Leadership, Regent University
MA in Communication, North Dakota State University
BA in English (writing) and History-Political Science, University of Jamestown
Friday: By appointment
I am generally available Monday-Friday between 8-5 for appointments. If you cannot meet with me during designated office hours, please email me to schedule an in-person or Zoom meeting.
Elizabeth K. Hunt is an associate professor of leadership and Director of Character in Leadership at the University of Jamestown in Jamestown, ND. Hunt holds a Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership from Regent University, a master of arts in communication from NDSU, and a bachelor of arts in History-Political Science and English from the University of Jamestown. Her research interests include sensemaking, leadership communication, organizational culture and climate, servant leadership, and values and character education. In her spare time, Dr. Hunt enjoys reading, writing, playing piano, walking her black labs, and spending time with her family.
- Hunt, E. K., & Veiss, S. D. (2022). Leadership, Maturity, and Unity: An Analysis of Ephesians 4: 1–16. In Biblical Organizational Spirituality (pp. 215-233). Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
- Veiss, S. D., & Hunt, E. K. (2021). Jesus and Succession Planning. In Biblical Organizational Leadership (pp. 159-173). Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
- Hunt, E. K. (2020). The last discourse: Jesus and sensegiving in the gospel of john (Order No. 27833925). Available from Dissertations & Theses @ Regent University. (2393642852). Retrieved from http://eres.regent.edu:2048/login?url=https://www-proquest-com.ezproxy.regent.edu/docview/2393642852?accountid=13479
- Hunt, E. (2019). Esther and Mordecai: Emergent team leadership and resilience in crisis. In Winston, B. E. (Ed) Leadership Growth Through Crisis: An Investigation of Leader Development During Tumultuous Circumstances. New York: Palgrave Macmillian.
- Hunt, E. (2018). Extending Winston’s circular model of servant leadership. Emerging Leadership Journeys, 11(1), 14-73. https://www.regent.edu/acad/global/publications/elj/vol11iss1/2ELJ-Hunt.pdf
- Hunt, E (2018). A Socio-Rhetorical Analysis of Romans 14:13-23: A Discussion of Ethical Leadership. Journal of Biblical Perspectives of Leadership. 8(1), 256-266. https://www.regent.edu/acad/global/publications/jbpl/vol8no1/Vol8Iss1_JBPL_20_Hunt.pdf
- Hunt, E. K. (2018). Intergroup conflict and social identity in Galatians: An exegetical analysis. Journal of Biblical Perspectives in Leadership, 8(1), 236-247. https://www.regent.edu/acad/global/publications/jbpl/vol8no1/Vol8Iss1_JBPL_18_Hunt.pdf
- Hunt, E. (2017). Humane Orientation as a Moral Construct in Ethical Leadership Theories: A Comparative Analysis of Transformational, Servant, and Authentic Leadership in the United States, Mexico, and China. International Journal on Leadership, 5(2).
- Professor of the Year, University of Jamestown, 2019. Chosen by Alpha Chi honors society.
- Baccalaureate Speaker, University of Jamestown, 2019. Chosen by the undergraduate graduating class.