Mon – Thurs 8 am to Midnight | Friday 8 am to 5 pm | Saturday Closed | Sunday 2 pm to Midnight
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service provided free of charge by the University of Jamestown to its students, faculty and staff. Please follow these steps for submitting your ILL requests:
- From the University of Jamestown homepage, access the library page and click on ODIN. This opens the catalog where you can begin your search.
- Of the four tabs you see at the top of the page, the default tab is your home library’s catalog: Raugust Library for the Jamestown Campus; Fargo Branch for the Fargo Campus. If you don’t find the item you need in your home library, expand your search by clicking the “All ODIN Libraries” Your search results will return items from participating libraries all over North Dakota.
- Determine which item you would like to borrow, click on the item’s title to open the item record, then click on the Request
- If you are not logged into your library account, you will be prompted with a link to sign-in in order to place a request. Follow the link to the login screen. For Library Barcode, enter you Student ID Barcode number; for password, enter your last name.
- Once you have logged in, the ILL form will display with the item information already filled in. Select an appropriate “Not needed after date” (see Tip on the right-hand side of the page). The “Willing to pay?” button should be left at
- Click the Request Then read the copyright restrictions and click accept. You will see a message saying, Request created successfully.
- Select the “All Library Resources” or “Online Articles” Enter your search terms. They can be words, phrases on your subject, or the actual title of the article you need.
- If our library does not have the article you need in full text, you will order it through ILL.
- Click on the title, then click Request.
- On the page that opens, select Request Document via Univ. of Jamestown Interlibrary Loan.
- The ILL form will display with the article citation already filled in. Notice that it’s different and larger than the book ILL form. Make sure it is the article you need and all the information is there.
- Just like with the book form, leave the “Willing to pay?” at No, and select at least 10 calendar days from today’s date as the “Not needed after date.”
- For the Preferred Media you can select Electronic Copy, though it would not matter if you forget because most articles are sent electronically anyway.
- Click the copyright box at the bottom, and then click go.
- A message should display that your Request was created successfully.
Not finding what you need in ODIN?
- Some other Data Bases may provide ILL links as well.
- If there are no ILL links, go to My Account (in ODIN) and access the appropriate Blank ILL Request Form, for book or article. Please fill in all the required information for your item.
Books or periodicals not owned by Raugust Library may be obtained through Interlibrary Loan (ILL) from other libraries. Normally the requests are processed on the same day as they are submitted, However, the ILL department cannot guarantee the time it takes for materials to arrive. The following timetable can serve as a guideline:
- North Dakota Libraries: 3 – 5 Working Days
- Minnesota Libraries: 5 – 10 Working Days
- Outside Tri-State (ND, SD, MN) : 5 – 15 Working Days
Periodical requests will be mailed directly to your campus box upon arrival. Photocopies are yours to keep. Notices for books will be e-mailed to your campus e-mail address when the item(s) are available.
Most libraries are willing to renew ILL materials. Please submit your Renewal Request through ODIN to the ILL Department at least two days before your material is due.
For more information, call the ILL desk at 252-3467 ext. 5441