Mon – Thurs 8 am to Midnight | Friday 8 am to 5 pm | Saturday Closed | Sunday 2 pm to Midnight
To obtain materials through ILL use the following method:
- Click on ODIN on the library home age. This puts you on the Basic Search screen with our own “University of Jamestown Raugust Library” as the default library. Please begin your search right here to see if the item you need is held in our library.
- If you don’t find what you need in our library, click on “SIGN-IN” in the Menu line at top of screen.
- Enter your barcode ID number (the 14 digit number in your college ID card) and your password (your last name only).
- Click on “Log On.” This brings you back to the Basic Search screen.
- Click on “Libraries” at top of screen, and then click on “ODIN Union Library Catalog” (the first on the list).
- Now you will notice at the bottom of the Basic Search screen that the library has changed from our own to ODIN Union Library Catalog, which means that now you will be searching in all the libraries of North Dakota. Begin searching for the item you need.
- When your search results screen appears, click on the “view #” you want on the left hand column. This will bring up the full bibliography record of the item.
- Now click on “Interlibrary Loan Request” at top of page. A new Interlibrary Loan window will open, containing your personal information (name, address, email) as well as the record of the item you are requesting. If you are requesting as book or a video, all you need to do is scroll to the bottom of the page and fill in the “until what day are you interested in the material” slot by using the down arrow to select the number of days from today. It’s a good idea to choose the “+10 days” option or longer in case the request is not filled fast enough by the lending libraries and gets deleted by the system as “past need.” If you are really pressed for time, you can write a note in the “free text note” area.
- If you are requesting a journal article, make sure you provide the complete citation in the appropriate slots. There is also a box that you would need to check to indicate that you have read the copyright regulations.
- Now click “Go.” A new page will come up telling you that your request was successful. Scroll down at the lower part and click “print” (if you want) or “OK” to close the page and start a new search.
- If you are not able to find what you need in ODIN, click on “My Account” at top of screen.
- Then click on “Interlibrary Loan Request (Blank).” This will open a small window with a Book Request Form. If you either scroll to the right or enlarge this window, you will see the Journal Request Form. Make sure you complete the appropriate form for the item you need. If your citation provides an ISSN, ISBN or OCLC number, please include it when filling the blank form. Please use the blank form as a last resort — only after you have searched ODIN and have not found what you needed. When you are done with all your requests, remember to sign out.
Books or periodicals not owned by Raugust Library may be obtained through Interlibrary Loan (ILL) from other libraries. Normally the requests are processed on the same day as they are submitted, However, the ILL department cannot guarantee the time it takes for materials to arrive. The following timetable can serve as a guideline:
- North Dakota Libraries: 3 – 5 Working Days
- Minnesota Libraries: 5 – 10 Working Days
- Outside Tri-State (ND, SD, MN) : 5 – 15 Working Days
Periodical requests will be mailed directly to your campus box upon arrival. Photocopies are yours to keep. Notices for books will be e-mailed to your campus e-mail address when the item(s) are available.
Most libraries are willing to renew ILL materials. Please submit your Renewal Request through ODIN to the ILL Department at least two days before your material is due.
For more information, call the ILL desk at 252-3467 ext. 5441