The major in Political Science is meant to foster in students an awareness of and appreciation for their cultural, historical, and political heritage as well as an understanding of important national and international issues. The major helps develop in students critical thinking skills in addition to research and writing skills in order to prepare them to be effective learners and leaders.
University of Jamestown Political Science Distinctions
The Department of History and Political Science offers a wide range of curriculum offerings in American and global politics and history with instructional emphasis placed upon theoretical, historical, and institutional concerns as well as the trends and events which have influenced the development of the contemporary world. You will benefit from:
- Small class sizes and individual attention
- Direct and independent studies in advanced and specialized topics for interested students
- Professors with complementary specialties providing a variety of viewpoints
- challenges in critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, open-mindedness, research and writing skills, and reflective thinking in problem solving
- Past graduates have been accepted into prestigious law schools throughout the United States.
- Students pursuing graduate work in history, political science and related fields have been accepted into top graduate schools in the country.
- 98% average placement rate within six months after graduation for recent graduating seniors
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, American History, Kansas State University
Teaches: U.S. history surveys, specialized courses in American Religion, the American West, the Civil War and Reconstruction Era, and American Economic History
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, International Relations, American University
Teaches: American Politics, Comparative Government, International Relations, Political Theory, Pre-Law, and Chinese and Indian History
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, Medieval History & Philosophy of History, Bryn Mawr College
Teaches: Ancient through Modern European History, Islamic History, and Disease in History
University of Jamestown
Political Science Department
6075 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Thomas Johnson, PhD Professor