If you are interested in a lifelong journey of self-discovery through the study of literature and the expression of thought through the English language, consider a major in English at University of Jamestown.English Fact Sheet
University of Jamestown English Distinctions
English studies at University of Jamestown involve both literature and writing, combining the pursuit of self-knowledge and personal development with preparation for a variety of interesting and rewarding careers. University of Jamestown also offers the only undergraduate minor in Creative Writing in the state of North Dakota. As an English major at University of Jamestown, you’ll benefit from:
- Classes taught by highly qualified faculty, not graduate students
- Opportunity to pursue a complementary major in English Secondary Education and/or a concentration in Writing
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- Creative opportunities to write for Plainsong, the University's journal of literature and art, and The Collegian, its award-winning student newspaper.
- University of Jamestown students score above the national average on the ACT test, and have maintained grade point averages well above the general college population.
- University of Jamestown English graduates are prepared for diverse career opportunities.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: PhD candidate, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Teaches: a variety of writing and composition courses, English Grammar, and Images of Woman in Literature
Certifications/Degrees: Honorary Doctor of Letters, NDSU; Honorary Doctor of Literature, Geneva College North Dakota State University and Geneva College; Poet Laureate of North Dakota
Teaches: creative writing courses, World Literature since 1500, Native American Literature, and Contemporary American Fiction
University of Jamestown
English & Theatre Arts Department
6046 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
David Godfrey, PhD Professor
email@example.com | PH: 701-252-3467 ext. 5584