If you are looking for a program that will allow you to apply your diverse interests and talents to manage and improve communications among a multitude of professional and personal interactions, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise
University of Jamestown Communication Distinctions
At University of Jamestown you have the opportunity to blend a solid grounding in the theories and practicalities of the field of communication with the technical skills necessary to meet the needs of employers nation-wide. With our diverse set of concentrations you can tailor your individual program of study to suit your particular needs, interests, and career aspirations. Distinctions of the University of Jamestown Communication program include:
- Hands-on learning opportunities in one of North Dakota’s only convergent media center
- Award-winning student newspaper, The Collegian
- State-of-the art student run cable television studio, JCTV
- Three concentrations: Convergent Media, Interpersonal Communication, and Human Resources and Organizational Communication
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- Capstone student-driven communication research
- Students regularly score at the top at the Red River Student Communication Conference.
- University of Jamestown communication majors have achieved success in many diverse areas of employment and graduate school.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: MA, Columbia University; PhD, University of Kansas
Teaches: Cross-cultural, Organizational, Interpersonal, and Nonverbal Communication; Communication Theory; Conflict Management; Oral Interpretation; Public Speaking; Research Methods; and Politics, Mass Media, and Persuasion
Certifications/Degrees: MA, Temple University
Teaches: New Media Systems and Convergent Media
Teaches: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
Certifications/Degrees: MA, North Dakota State University
Teaches: Public Speaking, Introduction to Communication, Business and Professional Communication, and Conflict Management
Certifications/Degrees: B.S., Valley City State University
Teaches: Reporting and Writing Skills, News in a Multimedia World, Production Processes I and II (labs)
University of Jamestown
6051 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Irene Paasch, PhD Professor & Department Chair