If you are looking for an accounting program that will prepare you not only for a successful career in accounting, but also prepare you for a life that is rich, rewarding and fulfilling, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
University of Jamestown Accounting Distinctions
At University of Jamestown you have the opportunity to major in Accounting complimented by a a diverse set of business and business-related concentrations that allow you to tailor your individual program to meet your particular needs, interests, and career aspirations. The program offers a special tract for those interested in taking the CPA exam. Distinctions of the University of Jamestown accounting program include:
- Accounting classes taught in the state-of-the-art Unruh and Sheldon Center for Business and Technology
- Specialized accreditation by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- Nine complementary areas of concentration
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- 96 percent career placement rate of business and accounting students in quality positions within six months of graduation
- Graduating seniors have scored as high as the 98th percentile nationally in the Major Field Achievement Test in Business
- Accounting graduates are at the top of the list of those who are best prepared for the workplace according the employers surveyed by the North Dakota Society of CPAs
- Students regularly score in the top three in academic business & accounting competitions at both state and national Phi Beta Lambda Leadership Conferences
- Accounting students participate in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to prepare tax returns for low-income and elderly taxpayers
University of Jamestown has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE.
- Bachelor of Arts with a major in Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts with a major in Business Administration and concentrations in:
- Business Communication
- Financial Planning
- General Management
- Global Business
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Financial Planning and Wealth Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts Business Studies
University of Jamestown Outcomes Assessment Results
Specific coursework for this major is outlined can be viewed or downloaded here.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: MBA, Moorhead State University
Teaches: Financial Accounting
Certifications/Degrees: MS, University of Dallas; PhD, Alliant International University
Teaches: Marketing, Global Marketing, Marketing Research, Strategic Marketing, and Hospitality/Tourism Management
Certifications/Degrees: MBA, University of North Dakota
Teaches: Principles of Accounting, Income Tax Accounting, Auditing, Governmental and Not-for-profit Accounting, and Business Law
Certifications/Degrees: MA, Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
PhD, Capella University
Teaches: Business Mgmt., Human Resource Mgmt., Strategic Mgmt., Sales Mgmt., Operations & Production Mgmt.
Certifications/Degrees: MBA, University of Mary
Teaches: Elements of Economics, Investments, Insurance, Retirement and Benefits, and Estate Planning
University of Jamestown
Business, Accounting & Economics Department
6042 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Vicki Greshik, CPA, MBA Associate Professor of Accounting & Department Chair