The University of Jamestown is dedicated to meeting the spiritual needs of the students, faculty and staff. To this end, we have the following spiritual resources:
- Building Up… are fellowship events offered on various weekends in the Hanson Center. These opportunities allow students to engage in fun activities and visit about their faith in a non-threatening environment.
- Chapel worship service is held on Thursdays at 11:00 in the Voorhees Chapel. In addition to the Chaplain, staff and faculty members offer a weekly message. Students assist with the worship experience.
- Cross Training is a group for student-athletes that meets on Mondays at 8:00 p.m. in the Hanson Center loft. The focus is to encourage athletes to engage their faith as they practice and compete.
- Cru – Ignite is a student-led worship service that involves praise through a variety of outlets, including music, prayer and a message. They meet Tuesdays at 9:03 p.m. in Voorhees Chapel. They offer men’s and women’s Bible studies and one-on-one discipleship opportunities. All are welcome to attend a prayer group on Wednesdays at 7:13 a.m. in the Upper Room.
- Faith & Life Chat is a weekly gathering held on Tuesdays from 12:15-12:45 p.m. in the Religious and Spiritual Life Center. Students, staff and faculty discuss current events and how as Christians we are challenged to address these issues.
- Faculty & Staff Bible Study is held on Wednesdays at 12:00 p.m. in the Religious and Spiritual Life Center. This semester the group is studying the gospel of Mark.
- Prayer Boxes are located in Badal Nafus and Voorhees Chapel. All requests are kept confidential. The Chaplain prays for each request.
- A Soul Reflection and Prayer Room is available in Voorhees Chapel. It is set up with prayer stations. Free Bibles and pocket prayer shawls are available.
- Spiritual Guidance is available. Appointments can be made by contact Chaplain Adams at 701-252-3467 ext. 5475 or text 320-905-5453.
There are also various Student Ministry Leadership Opportunities. The University of Jamestown has a covenant relationship with the Presbyterian Church and welcomes students of all faiths and denominations.”