There are two avenues to be admitted into University of Jamestown Doctor of Physical Therapy Program.
- Freshman Direct Entry: Applications submitted as a senior in high school; or freshman or sophomore at the University of Jamestown, can be accepted to the Physical Therapy Program. The Physical Therapy Program will hold a slot for the applicant, pending successful graduation from the University of Jamestown.
- PTCAS.org: Application through the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service.
Admissions through PTCAS.org
Applications are closed for the 2019-2020 cycle. Applications for the 2020-2021 cycle will open in PTCAS on July 2, 2020.
UJPT has a rolling admissions process. Applications will be processed as they are submitted and verified in PTCAS with a final application deadline of February 1, 2020.
Interviews will take place on scheduled dates in November 2020 and April 2021. Offers will be made to qualified applicants beginning in November 2020. After review of the application, a student may be accepted, rejected, or a decision may be deferred to the spring deadline. It is to your advantage to apply early.
All required documents must be uploaded into PTCAS for processing; do not mail documents to the Program. Incomplete and/or unverified applications are not accepted. The Program does not interview candidates via Skype or similar programs. All costs associated with the interview process are the responsibility of the applicant.
University of Jamestown Doctor of Physical Therapy Program gives preference to University of Jamestown, Jamestown ND, Minnesota State University Moorhead, Moorhead MN and Concordia College, Moorhead MN graduates.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution by June 1, 2021.
- Official transcripts from all higher learning institutions that you have attended.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00 in all undergraduate courses (GPA calculation includes repeated courses).
- A minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00 in all prerequisite courses listed in the prerequisite table (see ; GPA calculation includes repeated courses).
- Completion of a minimum of 40 hours observation, volunteer, and/or paid work in a physical therapy setting signed by a licensed physical therapist.
- Print and sign the , scan a copy, and upload it to PTCAS.
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One from work supervisor
- One from licensed physical therapist
- Submission of GRE scores:
- The Program currently does not have a minimum GRE score.
- University of Jamestown PTCAS GRE code: 3885
- GRE scores obtained more than 10 years ago are not accepted.
- Submission of TOEFL scores, if applicable. Acceptable scores are as follows:
- TOEFL score 525 Paper
- TOEFL score of 195 Computer
- TOEFL score of 70 Internet-based
- An IELTS band score of 5.5
University of Jamestown protects applicant rights, including due process. If an individual feels that he or she has been treated unfairly in the admissions process, he or she may wage a complaint with the Admissions Review Committee. The Admissions Review Committee is composed of the Director of the Physical Therapy Program and the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
At least nine of the must be successfully completed to be considered for an interview. All coursework must be successfully completed and a bachelor’s degree received from an accredited institution by June 1, 2021.
Any coursework completed after the application deadline will not count toward cumulative or prerequisite GPA calculations. However, cumulative and prerequisite GPAs must continue to meet minimum requirements.
- Alessandra Swarowsky Martin, PhD
- Anna Munns Engdahl, MA
- Ben Wolden, PT, DPT
- Brittany Anderson, PT, DPT
- Corey Gilge
- Gregory Gass, PhD
- Jackie Madsen, PT, DPT
- James Schanandore, PhD
- JJ Ferguson, PT, DPT
- Marilyn Hedberg
- Mitch Wolden, PT, DPT, PhD
- Tara Haj, PT, DPT
- Tara Roesler