There are two avenues to be admitted into University of Jamestown Doctor of Physical Therapy Program.
- Direct Entry: Applications submitted as a senior in high school or undergraduate at University of Jamestown, can be accepted to the Physical Therapy Program without applying through PTCAS (see below). The Physical Therapy Program will hold a position for the applicant, pending successful graduation from the University of Jamestown.
- PTCAS.org: Application through the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service.
Admissions through PTCAS.org
Interviews will take place on scheduled dates in November 2021 and February 2022. Offers will be made to qualified applicants beginning in November 2021. After review of the application, a student may be accepted, rejected, or a decision may be deferred to the spring. It is to your advantage to apply early. After interviews in February 2022, UJPT will continue to evaluate completed applications and admit qualified students until all seats in our incoming class are filled.
UJPT has a rolling admissions process. Applications will be processed as they are submitted and verified by PTCAS. The application deadline for November interviews was October 1, 2021 and the application deadline for February interviews is Dec 31, 2021.
All required documents must be uploaded into PTCAS for processing; do not mail documents to the Program. Incomplete and/or unverified applications are not accepted.
University of Jamestown Doctor of Physical Therapy Program gives priority to graduates of University of Jamestown, Jamestown, ND; and gives preference to graduates of Minnesota State University Moorhead, Moorhead, MN; Concordia College, Moorhead, MN; and North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution prior to matriculation.
- Official transcripts from all higher learning institutions that you have attended.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00 in all undergraduate courses.
- A minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00 in all prerequisite courses listed in the .
- Observation hours will not be required for the 2021-2022 admissions cycle.
- Print and sign the , scan a copy, and upload it to PTCAS.
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One from work supervisor or professor in major
- One from a licensed physical therapist or professor in major
- Successful completion of an interview.
- Submission of TOEFL scores, if applicable. Acceptable scores are as follows:
- TOEFL score 525 Paper
- TOEFL score of 195 Computer
- TOEFL score of 70 Internet-based
- An IELTS band score of 5.5
|Minimum Required Semester Hours||Prerequisite||Acceptable Courses (see prerequisite for lab requirement)||University of Jamestown Equivalents|
|8 Total Semester Hours||Human Anatomy and Physiology I with Lab or Human Anatomy with Lab||
Human Anatomy and Physiology I or Human Anatomy
|Human Anatomy and Physiology II with Lab or Human Physiology with Lab||
Human Anatomy and Physiology II or Human Physiology
|8 Total Semester Hours||General Biology I with Lab||Cell Biology or General Biology I||Biol 150|
|General Biology II with Lab||Cell Biology, Embryology, General Biology II, Genetics, Histology, Immunology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or Zoology
|8 Total Semester Hours||General Chemistry I with Lab||General Chemistry I||Chem 133|
|General Chemistry II with Lab||General Chemistry II, Biochemistry, Inorganic Chemistry or Organic Chemistry||Chem 134|
|8 Total Semester Hours||Physics I with Lab||Physics I||Phys 143 or 203|
|Physics II with Lab||Physics II||Phys 144 or 204|
|3 Total Semester Hours||General Psychology||General Psychology||Psyc 101|
|3 Total Semester Hours||Lifespan Development or Abnormal Psychology||Developmental Psychology||Psyc 203 or 302|
|3 Total Semester Hours||Statistics||Business Statistics, Math Statistics, Psychology Statistics or Biostatistics||Psyc 202 or Math 205|
Eight of eleven prerequisite classes must be completed in order to be invited for interviews. All coursework, including a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, must be completed prior to beginning the Program.
University of Jamestown protects applicant rights, including due process. If an individual feels that he or she has been treated unfairly in the admissions process, he or she may wage a complaint with the Admissions Review Committee. The Admissions Review Committee is composed of the Director of the Physical Therapy Program and the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Anna Munns Engdahl, MA
- Ben Wolden, PT, DPT
- Brittany Anderson, PT, DPT
- Clayton Holmes, PT, MS, ATC, EdD
- Corey Gilge
- Diana Palm, PT, DPT
- Jackie Madsen, PT, DPT, PhD
- James Schanandore, PhD
- Jen Thompson
- JJ Ferguson, PT, DPT
- Marilyn Hedberg
- Mitch Wolden, PT, DPT, PhD
- Tara Haj, PT, DPT
- Tara Roesler