Fine Arts – Theatre
Experience the full artistic and academic development that Theatre can offer in the classroom, on the stage, and behind the scenes. Our program will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the art and the ability to put that knowledge to work following graduation.
- Small class sizes
- A 700-seat auditorium for performances
- Performing and behind-the-scenes opportunities
- Ability to tailor study and practicum experiences to your long-term ambitions
- A 41,000-square-foot fine arts facility for learning, practicing, and performing
- Production seasons designed for proficiency in musical theatre, modern drama, and the classics
PARTICIPATE IN PRODUCTIONS
At least 4 productions are held each year – ranging from small cast to large-scale. Each season begins with a musical accompanied by a full orchestra. Classical masterpieces are regularly scheduled along with modern works.
Gain real-life experience – all before you graduate.
Obtain work experience and make informed career choices through supervised internships of a semester or more in length.
- Stage Manager
|Thea||190||Introduction to Theatre (3)|
|Comm||201||Oral Interpretation of Literature (3)|
|Thea||201/202||Drama Performance/Theatre Practice (4)|
|Thea||303||Stagecraft & Lighting (4)|
|Art||Two approved art courses (6)|
|Mus||Two approved music courses (6)|
Choose one of the following three
|Appreciation of Drama (3)
Development of American Drama (3)
Total Semester Credits Required: 38