Teacher Education Program
Cultivate the knowledge, skills, attitude and understanding you need to be an effective teacher in today’s schools by enrolling in the Teacher Education Program at University of Jamestown.
The program is approved by the North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board (ESPB). University of Jamestown offer teacher’s education programs leading to three basic licensures:
- Elementary Licensure (Grades 1-8) entitles the holder to teach in the regular elementary classroom for grades one through eight.
- Secondary Licensure (grades 5-12) entitles the holder to teach in the major area in secondary classrooms for grades five through twelve.
- K-12 licensure entitles the holder to teach in the restricted areas (P.E., music, etc.) in all grade levels.
GRADUATE AND GET TO WORK
Our Teacher Education program provides a comprehensive academic curriculum complemented by licensure requirements.
Licenses can be obtained through the following majors:
Teacher Education Program Admission Criteria
- Completion of thirty-two (32) semester hours (sophomore status)
- Completion of Educ 201: Introduction to Teaching with a minimum grade of C-
- Completion of Educ 100: Praxis Preparation
- Minimum grade of C- in Engl 101 and Engl 102
- Minimum grade of C- in Comm 102 or 201
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.70
- Satisfactory background check
- Passing scores on the Praxis I (Core Academic Skills) tests
- Approval of the Teacher Education Council