Physical Education (non-teaching)
Turn an interest in sports, health, and wellness into a career. Acquire a strong knowledge in the physical, psychological, neurological, and cognitive domains. Turn your passion into your career.
- Technology labs utilizing Dartfish and TriFIT software.
- Small class sizes and one-on-one time with knowledgeable faculty.
- Opportunities for International Study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities.
- Physical education courses taught in the state-of-the-art Foss Wellness Center and expanded Larson Sports Center.
- Cross-disciplinary approach providing knowledge and skills in your discipline, as well as a broad general education.
PERSONALIZE YOUR DEGREE
Add a minor in coaching!
Gain real-life experience – all before you graduate.
Obtain work experience and gain the ability to make informed career choices through internships of a semester in length—or more!
Work with the latest technology
- iPads and the latest iOS apps in the field
- Anaerobic Power Analysis: Test anaerobic power
- Dartfish Motion Analysis Software: Analyze technical performances
- Accelerometers: Track every movement with a 3D movement analysis device
- Metabolic Cart & ECG: Monitor breath-by-breath gas analysis and oxygen consumption
- iHT Heart Rate Monitors: Assist in managing exercise sessions for a variety of population groups
- Web 2.0 Sites: Plan and design a fitness center, create a web page, analyze your diet, or create a podcast movie
- Athlete Business Manager
- Exercise Physiologist
- Fitness Trainer
- Recreation and Fitness Studies Professor
- Athletic Coach
|KNS||182||Intro to Kinesiology (2)|
|KNS||184||Health Education (3)|
|KNS||217||Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology I (3)|
|KNS||218||Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology II (3)|
|KNS||260||Technology Integration in PE, Health, & Fitness (3)|
|KNS||309||Basic Biomechanics (3)|
|KNS||346||Adapted Physical Education (2)|
|KNS||402||Exercise Physiology (3)|
|KNS||402L||Exercise Physiology Lab (1)|
|KNS||420||Organization and Administration of Physical Education and Athletics (3)|
|KNS||Physical Education Electives (see advisor) (11)|
|KNS||Beginning Swimming (1)|
|KNS||Weight Training and Fitness (1)|
|KNS||Elective activity classes (2)|
Total Semester Credits Required: 42