Health & Fitness Administration
- Technology labs utilizing Dartfish and TriFIT software.
- Small class sizes and one-on-one time with knowledgeable faculty.
- Opportunities for International Study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities.
- Physical education courses taught in the state-of-the-art Foss Wellness Center and expanded Larson Sports Center.
- Cross-disciplinary approach providing knowledge and skills in your discipline, as well as a broad general education.
Gain real-life experience – all before you graduate.
Obtain work experience and make informed career choices through internships of a semester or more in length. Some previous internships include: interpreters/curators, frontier soldier re-enactors, law interns, archaeology interns, and congressional interns.
- iPads and the latest iOS apps in the field
- Anaerobic Power Analysis: Test anaerobic power
- Dartfish Motion Analysis Software: Analyze technical performances
- Accelerometers: Track every movement with a 3D movement analysis device
- Metabolic Cart & ECG: Monitor breath-by-breath gas analysis and oxygen consumption
- iHT Heart Rate Monitors: Assist in managing exercise sessions for a variety of population groups
- Web 2.0 Sites: Plan and design a fitness center, create a web page, analyze your diet, or create a podcast movie
- Athlete Business Manager
- Sports Agent
- Fitness Trainer
- Athletic Director
- Professional Sports Scout
- Camp Director
in scholarships annually
|KNS||182||Intro to Kinesiology (2)|
|Acct||201||Principles of Accounting I (3)|
|Econ||201||Principles of Microeconomics (3)|
|Acct||202||Principles of Accounting II (3)|
|KNS||217||Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology I (3)|
|KNS||218||Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology II (3)|
|KNS||240||Nutrition & Wellness (2)|
|KNS||260||Technology Integration in PE, Health, & Fitness (3)|
|KNS||309||Basic Biomechanics (3)|
|Publicity and Public Relations (3)
Organizational Communication (3)
|Busn||321||Business Management (3)|
|Busn||322||Human Resource Management (3)|
|KNS||402||Exercise Physiology (3)|
|KNS||402L||Exercise Physiology Lab (1)|
|KNS||410||Methods in Aerobic & Resistance Training (3)|
|KNS||416||Health and Fitness Internship/Field Experience (2)|
|KNS||451||Seminar in HFA/PE (2)|
Total Semester Credits Required: 48