Management Information Science
- Four majors and four minors to choose between.
- Combined hands-on experience and application.
- Computer classes taught in the Unruh and Sheldon Center for Business Technology.
- Small class sizes with a focus on teaching excellence and student learning.
- Opportunities for International Study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities.
- Liberal arts environment allowing students with an aptitude for technology to take courses in other areas of interest as well.
Gain real-life experience – all before your graduate.
Obtain work experience and make informed career choices through supervised internships of a semester or more in length.
- Employers, including Microsoft, Collins Aerospace, FAST Enterprises, and NISC, regularly hire University of Jamestown graduates.
- General Operations Manager
- Information Security Analyst
- Computer Programmer
- Budget Analyst
- Computer User Support Specialist
- Computer and Informations Systems Manager
Placement Rate1Rate based University of Jamestown 2018 bachelor’s degree graduates 1
Expected salary range with a
degree in Management Information Science2Based on data from “FOCUS 2 CAREER” 2
|CS||130||Introduction to Computer Principles (3)|
|Integrated Software Applications (3)
Advanced Office Applications (3)
|CS||170||Structured Programming (3)|
|Acct||201||Principles of Accounting I (3)|
|Principles of Microeconomics (3)
Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
|Acct||202||Principles of Accounting II (3)|
|CS||230||Introduction to Algorithm and Data Analysis (3)|
|CS||272||Java Programming I (3)|
|CS||342||Database Development (3)|
|CS||343||Database Management (3)|
|CS||365||Information Systems Security (3)|
|CS||420||Systems Analysis Methods (3)|
|CS||440||Management of Information Systems (3)|
|CS||481||Senior Seminar I (3)|
|CS||482||Senior Seminar II (3)|
|CS||Upper division CS elective or internship in IT (3)|
Plus one of the following courses:
|CS||173||Introduction to .NET Programming (3)|
|CS||180||Object Oriented Programming (3)|
|CS||341||Introduction to Web Development (3)|
|CS||372||Java Programming II (3)|
|CS||472||Mobile App Development (3)|
Plus two of the following courses:
|Busn||321||Business Management (3)|
|Busn||351||Financial Management (3)|
Total Semester Credits Required: 56