Financial Planning Concentration
- Small class sizes with a focus on teaching excellence and student learning
- Professional work experience integrated into classroom discussion and learning
- Liberal arts tradition to enhance a strong accounting background
Gain real-life experience – all before you graduate.
Juniors and seniors, who work in supervised student teams, provide consulting services to business firms and other organizations.
Junior and senior accounting students prepare tax returns for low-income and elderly taxpayers
Obtain work experience and make informed career choices through supervised internships of a semester or longer.
- Government: Careers in colleges, universities, FBI, IRS, as well as SEC.
- Forensic Accounting: Investigate into theft and fraud using accounting skills.
- Private Accounting: Careers in cost accounting, taxation, budgeting, and accounting information systems.
- Public Accounting: Careers consulting in auditing, taxations, and management while serving the general public.
in scholarships annually
|Econ||110||Personal Finance (2)|
|Acct||201||Principles of Accounting I (3)|
|Econ||201||Principles of Microeconomics (3)|
|Acct||202||Principles of Accounting II (3)|
|Econ||202||Principles of Macroeconomics (3)|
|CS||240||Advanced Office Applications (3)|
|Busn||301||Introduction to Financial Planning (1)|
|Acct||301||Intermediate Accounting I (3)|
|Acct||302||Intermediate Accounting II (3)|
|Busn||305||Insurance Planning (3)|
|Busn||310||Retirement & Benefits Planning (3)|
|Acct||311||Cost/Managerial Accounting (4)|
|Busn||315||Business Law I (3)|
|Busn||316||Business Law II (3)|
|Busn||321||Business Management (3)|
|Acct||325||Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting (3)|
|Busn||330||Sales & Sales Management (3)|
|Busn||351||Financial Management (3)|
|Acct||355||Income Tax Accounting I (3)|
|Acct||356||Income Tax Accounting II (3)|
|CS||440||Management Information Systems (3)|
|Busn||450||Estate Planning (3)|
|Busn||451||Senior Financial Planning Colloquium (3)|
|Acct||451||Auditing I (3)|
|Acct||452||Auditing I/Senior Seminar (3)|
Total Semester Credits Required: 85