The staff of Raugust Library at the University of Jamestown invites applicants to apply for the position of Reference and Instruction Librarian.
- Reference services to the faculty and students, both for on-campus and online classes
- Collection development and management of print and electronic reference resources, including database selection
- Collaborate with faculty in integrating information literacy into the curriculum
- Offer course-related classroom instruction
- Create and maintain course, subject, and general online research guides
- Develop and maintain Raugust Library’s online presence through social media platforms
- Remain flexible in helping other staff members
- Work collaboratively with other campus departments
- Provide reports and statistics as requested
- Assist with staff training as requested
- Assist the librarian at the Fargo site as needed
- An ALA-accredited master’s degree in library or information science and appropriate experience
- Experience providing full range of general reference services.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment yet also to work independently
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills, able to interact effectively with faculty, staff and students
- Initiative, flexibility, and a strong service orientation are essential
- Good organizational skills
- Experience working with LibGuides or other content resources
- Working knowledge of a library discovery system, such as Aleph
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week and includes one evening (6:00 pm – 10:00 pm) during the week. The successful applicant will hold the rank of assistant professor in a non-tenure track position and report to the Director of Raugust Library.
Please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, transcripts, and contact information for three references to Jeri Kaiser, Office of the Provost, 6092 College Lane, Jamestown, ND, 58405, or submit the materials electronically to .
Established as Jamestown College in 1883 by members of the Presbyterian Church, the University of Jamestown is a private, liberal arts university granting Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Science in Nursing degrees as well as master’s degrees in Education, Leadership, and Clinical Counseling and a Fargo-based Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. The University of Jamestown is an AA/EO employer.