University of Jamestown is seeking a full-time Bus Driver. This person will be required to transport University of Jamestown students in a safe an efficient manner and be willing to follow instructions of a team leader.
- Advises students and other passengers of appropriate behavior for the purpose of reinforcing established guidelines and maintaining passenger safety.
- Assesses incidents, complaints, accidents and/or potential emergency situations (e.g. road hazards, medical emergencies, accidents, etc.) for the purpose of resolving and/or recommending a resolution to the situation.
- Assists students and other passengers for the purpose of providing safe loading and unloading from buses during normal transport and emergency situations.
- Monitors students and other passengers during transit for the purpose of ensuring the safe transportation of all passengers.
- Performs all out of town trip procedures (e.g. food, fuel, lodging, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring all out of town procedures are followed and completed.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections (e.g. fluid levels, tire pressure, exterior condition, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safe operating condition of the vehicle and complying with mandated guidelines.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip cleaning and general upkeep and maintenance of bus fleet.
- Prepares reports (e.g. field trips reports, incident reports, inspections records, passenger misconduct, mileage logs, student counts, routing information, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, conveying information, and/or complying with established guidelines.
- Reports observations and/or incidents (e.g. discipline, accidents, inappropriate social behavior, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate personnel for their action.
- Responds to inquiries from students and/or staff for the purpose of providing the necessary information regarding transportation services.
- Willingness to work most weekends during the academic year and willing to spend multiple days overnight on the road with athletic teams and student groups.
- Assist Physical Plant in custodial, grounds, fleet management, and other duties during available work weeks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned throughout the Physical Plant.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a Class A or B commercial driver’s license with a passenger and air brake endorsements.
- Basic First Aid and CPR.
- Must meet current DOT standards.
- Must provide current driving record from North Dakota Motor Vehicle Department.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds.
- Previous experience as a charter bus driver.
- Experience working with coaches, student-athletes, instructors and staff.
Established as Jamestown College in 1883 by members of the Presbyterian Church, the University of Jamestown is a private, liberal arts university granting Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Science in Nursing degrees as well as master’s degrees in Education, Leadership, and Clinical Counseling and a Fargo-based Doctor of Physical Therapy degree. The University of Jamestown is an AA/EO employer.