University of Jamestown seeks a results-driven retail store manager to be responsible for the overall store and post office management at the University of Jamestown Jimmie Connection campus store. The ideal candidate will provide leadership and oversight for all facets of bookstore and post office operations including: hiring, training, supervising, preparing and executing store operating plans; maintaining desired inventory, establishing and enhancing strong campus relations; guiding course materials activities; maintaining a high-level of customer service throughout the store and consistently demonstrates the support of the University of Jamestown mission.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, coaching and talent development for full-time, part-time and temporary team members. Ensures effective performance management and maintains a culture of accountability. Develops cross-functional team with the ability to execute initiatives and drive operational standards and business results. Provides staff training.
- Prepares and implements detailed operating plans for standard operations, busy rush periods, and special events.
- Analyzes store financials and makes determinations regarding how to positively impact future sales/expense opportunities.
- Establishes, enhances, and maintains positive, responsive relationships with campus community, particularly campus administration, admissions and athletics departments, faculty and staff. Seeks out new ways to partner with campus regarding remote selling opportunities.
- Provides oversight and guidance and/or executes all facets related to course materials. Interacts with faculty and others as needed to gain access to adopted titles for upcoming semester far in advance to maximize profit.
- Develops a customer-centric experience and engages team members in the delivery/execution of that objective. Provides highest levels of customer service within the store and in all interactions with stakeholders. Manages the visual presentations to create an exciting shopping environment for customers.
- Ensures all back-office functions including store inventory, remote locations and the University Post Office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Retail management and strong customer service experience preferred, including superior relationship building and influential skills.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred.
- Retail management or strong customer service experience; academic retail experience a plus; strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills; strong customer service, communication and presentation skills; strong analytical skills and financial acumen; advanced relationship building, a demonstrated ability to influence a team and customer outreach.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
The University of Jamestown is an AA/EO employer.