If you are using a campus computer, the drives will automatically map; however, if you are off campus or using a personal computer please following the below instructions.
- Students from both Jamestown and Fargo can download the application.
- Extract the .zip folder contents onto the desktop of your computer by opening the file location and right-clicking to “extract all.”
- Once the application is on the desktop, run the application. If it prompts you to install .NET frame, do so and restart the application after the framework is installed.
- If you are off campus, please connect to the .
- At this point, you can run the application by putting in your username password and clicking connect.
If you get any errors, hit disconnect and connect again. If you experience further issues, contact the Helpdesk.
- Open the Finder
- On the top menu bar, click “Go”
- Choose “Connect to Server”
- In the Server Address box, type the location of the drives (see below)
- U Drive: smb://jc-fs2/home/USERNAME
- W Drive: smb://jc-fs2/web/USERNAME
- L Drive: smb://jc-fs2/lab
- H Drive: smb://jc-fs2/homework
- P Drive: smb://jc-fs2/public
- T Drive: smb://jc-fs2/temp
- You must type each one individually and click the “+” symbol to add the location to your favorites.
- Choose the location you want to access, and hit Connect
- It will prompt you for your UJ username and password. Click the checkbox to remember the credentials.