Every residence hall room or suite does come with cable television access provided by Daktel. Please note there are charges associated with lost or damaged cable box equipment. For help setting up your cable box, follow this guide:
- Come to the helpdesk in Sorkness to check out a cable box. You will receive a cable box, remote, power adapter, and component cable.
- Back in your room, identify which port is activated for cable (Please note, only 1 port will work for television in each room)
- Kroeze: port 2
- Nierling: port 4
- Prentice: port 4
- Seibold: port 2
- Watson: port 1 (in common room)
- Wilson: port 4
- Apartments: port 2
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the appropriate port in the wall and the other end into the cable box
- Plug the A/V cable into your TV. You would either use Component or HDMI.
- Plug the power cable into the cable box, and it will boot up. Please note that these boxes can take up to 10 mins to boot up.
- Depending on which input you are using, make sure you have selected the correct one on the TV
- If all is working correctly, you will see a screen with a little TV on it first
- Next, you will get a screen that says ‘Amino’
- Next, there will be a screen which indicates a network address is being acquired. If it doesn’t work, this is when you know you have used the wrong port in the wall.
- Finally, it will come to a screen where Guide Information is loading. If it has the correct time, all is well.
- If you still have issues and cannot get the cable to work correctly, please fill out a and we will assist you as soon as we are able.
Back of Cable Box
Committed to helping you succeed — both in and out of the classroom.