Updated Appointment Instructions
- Since there will not be anyone on duty in the physical Writing Center in the library, you will need to sign up for an appointment using WC Online. If you don’t already have an account, here is the link: .
- Once you sign in, schedule an appointment by clicking on an open time on the schedule grid. The schedule will be basically same as it has been for the rest of the semester, though there may be some changes as time goes on. All consultations will still be 45 minutes and start at the top of the hour, however, if you need help at the last minute, go ahead and schedule an appointment, as consultants will be on duty during their regular shifts.
- When you sign up for an appointment, attach the document you want help with and the assignment.
- Log back in to WC Online approximately five to ten minutes before the start of your appointment, click on your appointment in the schedule grid and click “Start or Join Online Consultation.” If you have connection issues, you can close the window or tab with your consultation and rejoin using the same link.
- The online module has options for both webcam and microphone access so you can talk to your consultant in real time. If you aren’t comfortable having your webcam on, feel free to disable it.
- Once you’re done with your consultation, just close the tab or window.
We are happy to work with UJ faculty. We will talk with any individual faculty member to discuss what we do, as well as find ways we can best meet your needs. In addition, we can provide a short, 5-10 minute explanation of our services to your students. If you have any questions, please email the Writing Center Director at .