University of Jamestown offers pre-professional preparation for a number of health-related fields including optometry.
University of Jamestown provides a strong background for students pursuing further study in optometry. These students select a major in biology, chemistry, or biochemistry. A major in another area may be satisfactory as long as the necessary pre-requisites are chosen in consultation with one's adcademic advisor. As a pre-optometry student at University of Jamestown, you will benefit from:
- faculty whose main focus is teaching, not research
- small class sizes assuring personal attention from instructors
- advisers who are informed about the requirements and opportunities in pre-professional areas
- a strong emphasis on the liberal arts, which will prepare you for professional school
- many organizations and activities providing opportunities to develop non-academic skills while pursuing your professional goals
Recent professional school placement includes the following:
- Pacific University
- Southeastern University of the Health Sciences
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
University of Jamestown
6062 College Lane
Jamestown, ND 58405
Bruce Jensen, PhD Professor
email@example.com | PH: 701-252-3467 ext. 5473