University of Jamestown graduates are accepted into prestigious law schools around the United States.
Law schools appreciate the liberal arts background as well as courses in writing and philosophy provided to University of Jamestown graduates. Those pursuing an undergraduate curriculum in preparation for law school should consult with the director of the Student Success Center and the history-political science faculty. Our graduates are attending or have recently attended:
- George Washington University Law School
- Hamline University Law School
- Northwestern University School of Law
- Texas Tech University School of Law
- University of Arizona School of Law
- University of Minnesota Law School
- University of North Dakota School of Law
- University of St. Thomas School of Law
- William Mitchell School of Law
As a student interested in pre-law at University of Jamestown, you will benefit from:
- faculty whose main focus is teaching
- small class sizes assuring personal attention from instructors
- advisers who are informed about the requirements and opportunities in pre-professional areas
- a strong emphasis on the liberal arts, which will prepare you for professional school
- many organizations and activities providing opportunities to develop non-academic skills while pursuing your professional goals
Specific coursework for this major is outlined can be Viewed Here.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
University of Jamestown
History - Political Science Department
6075 College Lane
Jamestown, ND 58405
Thomas Johnson, PhD Professor
email@example.com | PH: 701-252-3467 ext. 5025