If you are looking for a program that focuses on how businesses use and apply computers and database technology in today’s information economy combined with a dynamic curriculum that will not only prepare you to make a living, but to prepare you for a life that is rich, rewarding and fulfilling, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
Management Information Science Major
The Management Information Science major focuses specifically on how businesses use and apply computers and database technology in today’s information economy. The major consists of computer courses that center on database use, programming and systems design and business courses such as accounting, finance, management, and marketing. These are designed to provide the student with the managerial skills and the technical competencies needed to effectively implement technology in a business environment.Management Information Science Factsheet
University of Jamestown Management Information Science Distinctions
AtUniversity of Jamestown you have the opportunity to specialize in a diverse set of majors and minors that will allow you to tailor your individual program of study to suit your particular needs, interests, and career aspirations. Distinctions of the University of Jamestown Management Information Science program include:
- Four majors and four minors from which to choose
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- 98% average placement rate within six months after graduation for recent graduating seniors
- Students regularly score in the top three in academic business & computer science competitions at both state and national Phi Beta Lambda Leadership Conferences
- Numerous employers, such as Microsoft and Collins Aerospace, FAST Enterprises and NISC repeatedly hire University of Jamestown computer science graduates
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.