If you're interested in an in-demand healthcare career, consider a major in clinical laboratory science at University of Jamestown.
You will attend University of Jamestown to complete academic requirements and then transfer to an affiliated institution to obtain hands-on professional training. We invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
University of Jamestown Clinical Laboratory Science Distinctions
Clinical laboratory scientists are health professionals who supervise and conduct laboratory diagnostic tests, assisting the physician with diagnoses and treatments. University of Jamestown offers two options for students who major in Clinical Laboratory Science:
- Option A: Three years at University of Jamestown to complete prerequisite coursework and general education requirements followed by 12 months of specialized clinical training.
- Option B: Four years at University of Jamestown to complete a bachelor of science degree (biochemistry, biology, or chemistry) followed by 12 months of specialized clinical training.
There are two prerequisite courses (Hematology and Parasitology) that must be taken online
from UND (or another institution) at the student’s own expense.
As a clinical laboratory science major at University of Jamestown, you will benefit from:
- courses and labs taught by faculty, not graduate students
- a student community which creates an atmosphere of learning and mutual success
- advisers who keep abreast of new developments in employment and research in the biology field to provide the best personal assistance possible
- a liberal arts tradition which provides an important perspective for a strong science background
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
University of Jamestown
Clinical Laboratory Science
6008 College Lane
Jamestown, ND 58405