- Using the JCNetwork program, login with your JC username and password.
- Click the Windows button and then ‘Control Panel’.
- Click ‘Printers’.
- Click ‘Add a Local Printer’
- Click ‘Create a New Port’ and be certain ‘Local Port’ is selected.
- Click ‘Next’.
- You will be prompted to enter a port name. Enter: \\jc-fs2\printername (take note that ‘printername’ should be replaced with the actual name of the printer. Check the bottom of this document for a list of JC printers. If the printer you want isn’t listed, send an email to the helpdesk at email@example.com and we will provide the name of the printer for which you are printing.)
- Now, you need to find the model of printer. Most black JC printers on campus are either HP 4200’s or HP 4250’s. The driver for HP Laserjet Family Driver PCL5 will work for those printers.
- Name it whatever strikes your fancy but it would be wise to name it something you will remember.
- Click next.
- It should install and all should be well.
Prentice First Floor: HP_PR1
Prentice Second Floor: HP_PR2
Prentice Third Floor: HP_PR3
Kroeze 1st Floor B Section: HP_KR1
Kroeze 2nd Floor A Section: HP_KR2
Kroeze 1st Floor D Section: HP_KR3
Kroeze 2nd Floor C Section: HP_KR4
Kroeze 2nd Floor E Section: HP_KR5
Seibold 1st Floor: HP_SE1
Seibold 2nd Floor: HP_SE2
Seibold 3rd Floor Girls Section: HP_SE3
SEibold 3rd Floor Boys Section: HP_SE4
Watson 1st Floor: HP_WT1
Watson 2nd Floor: HP_WT2
Watson 3rd Floor: HP_WT3
If you have a question about any other printer on campus, feel free to send the helpdesk an email at firstname.lastname@example.org