The heart of the University of Jamestown Character in Leadership program is its academic core. Each student who participates will receive a minor in leadership.
University of Jamestown values its reputation for quality education, and therefore is committed through its Character in Leadership program to providing a broad and sound intellectual foundation that will enable its students to provide ethical leadership in an ever-changing world.
As an academic community dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge in an atmosphere of Christian love, University of Jamestown recognizes the need for leaders of integrity and courage who are actively concerned for the needs of our world. Through the Character in Leadership program we commit ourselves to assist students in the development of the knowledge, attitudes, values, and leadership skills that will enable them to live and to influence others to live with the sound character that naturally leads to service for the greater good of all.
The program includes:
- Minor in “Character in Leadership”
- Specially designed leadership/ethics courses
- Outside guest lecturers
- Seminars for discussion and brainstorming
- Off-campus team building experiences
- Motivational speakers
- Group Service Projects
- Development of individual future action plans
Students will graduate from the program with:
- A leadership minor to enhance resume and graduate school application
- Improved leadership skills
- Clarified personal values
- Long-term friendships with students committed to similar goals
The Character in Leadership program is funded in part by the Tom and Frances Leach Foundation, Bismarck, N.D. and the Edson Larson Foundation.