Freshman Direct Entry positions are available to University of Jamestown Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (DPT) for the Fall Semester 2014. Select incoming freshmen who have displayed superior academic performance in high school and have been officially accepted for undergraduate study at University of Jamestown may apply for direct entry to DPT. This is a highly unique opportunity to be admitted four years in advance to an extremely competitive and selective doctoral program.
The following items must be submitted in order to be considered for Freshman Direct Entry Admission to the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program:
- Application for Direct Entry to Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (below)
- Essential Function Requirements (will also be completed at the end of Senior year)
- Personal Essay
- High school transcript showing a minimum 3.00 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- A minimum ACT composite score of 25 or a SAT of 1150 (R+M)
- An interview to be conducted by a University of Jamestown doctoral program admission representative
DPT Direct Entry Application Deadline: March 1, 2014
DPT Direct Entry Admission Notification: April 1, 2014
A personal essay as well as the essential function statement must be completed and are available in the links provided above. A student may opt out of the program at any time during their undergraduate experience, but is asked to inform the University of Jamestown Physical Therapy Program in a timely basis. Once the personal essay and essential function statement are completed, they will be sent to the University of Jamestown Physical Therapy Program.
To maintain eligibility into the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program the following criteria must be met:
- Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA in all undergraduate course work (Students may receive a one semester probationary period to bring GPA into compliance.)
- Maintain a 3.25 cumulative GPA* in all undergraduate prerequisite course work
Freshman Direct Entry students will not be required to take the GRE, but are required to satisfy ALL OTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS prior to formal admission to the graduate professional program. This includes a criminal background check prior to matriculation and any deposits required at that time.
Students selected for direct entry are automatically accepted into the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program provided the criteria above are met during the undergraduate years. The above parameters will be monitored by the University of Jamestown Doctor of Physical Therapy Program with assistance from the Registrar’s Office.