The University of Jamestown welcomes international students to our campus. You will find the University and Jamestown community to be supportive and caring.
To complete the international application process you will need to submit documents that prove your ability to succeed academically and that you have sufficient funding to cover your financial obligation while a student at the University of Jamestown.
You may contact Donovan Gibson, Director of International Admission, at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions regarding the admission process. Donovan is a Designated School Official for the University of Jamestown and has extensive experience in the international admission process; he will be happy to assist you.
The International Student Admission Requirements
To begin your Journey to Success at the University of Jamestown – just follow these easy steps:
- Apply – The International Student Application is available on-line only (no application fee). To be certain that ample time is provided for processing international student applications, your application and credentials must be completed 60 days prior to the beginning of a term.
- Secondary Academic Records – Please send all secondary school academic records in English. Records should include courses taken, grades received and degrees or certificates earned. An explanation of your school’s coding system used to evaluate your work should accompany the records.
- Post-Secondary Records (College or University transcripts) – If applicable all post-secondary records, in English, will also need to be sent to the Office of Admission. Only classes that are a “C” grade or better will be considered for transfer credits. An explanation of your school’s coding system used to evaluate your work should accompany the records. If you have attended college since graduating from high school, complete the Transfer Recommendation Form.
- Test Requirements – International students must provide a score from the TOEFL (code is 6318). A minimum TOEFL score of 525 on the paper test, 197 on the computerized version or 70 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT). The TOEFL may be substituted by the IELTS exam with a minimum score of 6.0 overall and a 5.5 minimum on any one test section. ACT or SAT scores are optional. (Note: if you are from an English-speaking country, the TOEFL requirement may be waived.)
- Financial Guarantee Statement (Declaration of Finance) – The United States Department of Homeland Security regulations require international students to demonstrate the ability to finance their education prior to the release of an I-20 AB form. Printable Declaration of Finances
- The University of Jamestown will accept a dated bank statement with official signature and/or the DOF.
- Prior to arrival to the University of Jamestown’s campus the you must provide proof of health insurance that will cover you here in the United States in case of a health emergency. If you are unsure about your current coverage please consult with your provider. If your current coverage does not cover you abroad we can recommend third party providers who specialize in international student health insurance. Please contact Mr. Gibson at email@example.com for more information.
You may send these items by mail to:
University of Jamestown
Office of Admission
6081 College Lane
Jamestown, ND 58401
Or by email to:
Or by fax to:
Your application will be reviewed for an admission decision after the above credentials are received. If admitted, you will be required to submit a one-time International Student Enrollment Fee of $250 (U.S. dollars) payable to the University of Jamestown prior to the release of an I-20 AB form. If you are unable to secure a visa, the enrollment deposit will be refunded. The $250 International Student Enrollment Fee will cover expenses such as the processing of documents, orientation program, first time bus/car transportation to campus, and specialized programming (over a four-year enrollment).
The total cost of tuition, fees, room and meals for the 2015-2016 academic year is $26,730. This total cost increases annually. Financial assistance to international students based on need is extremely limited. International students are eligible for academic scholarships valued from $6,000 to $10,000 annually (renewable). However, please note that if you qualify for the maximum scholarship of $10,000 for an academic year, it would leave an annual balance due of $16,730 for the first year or around $70,000 over four years (eight terms). This figure does not include annual tuition increases, room and board increases, transportation, health insurance, books or personal expenses. You must be able to demonstrate on a bank statement or Declaration of Finances form that you can meet these expenses or the University will not be able to release the I-20 AB form for an F-1 Visa. The University of Jamestown also requires all international students to have health insurance; this can be purchased in the United States for about $100/month.
As soon as your admission file is complete, we will make an admission decision and determine any academic scholarships for which you may qualify. Mr. Gibson will be in communication with you throughout this process and is happy to answer any questions you may have.
Please click here to learn more about North Dakota.