If you are looking for a genuinely interdisciplinary approach to learning about yourself and others while preparing for either a career in psychology or further study at the graduate level, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
University of Jamestown Psychology Distinctions
At University of Jamestown you have the opportunity to choose from two degree tracks in Psychology as well as a Concentration in Addiction Counseling that will allow you to tailor your individual program of study to suit your particular needs, interests, and career aspirations. Distinctions of the University of Jamestown Psychology program include:
- Faculty committed to both classroom teaching and mentoring students in conducting research
- Opportunities to present research at the Annual Research Symposium and regional professional conferences
- Active Psi Chi chapter and Student Psychology Association
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
Students pursuing further studies in graduate school have been accepted into numerous prestigious universities around the country
99% average placement rate within six months after graduation for recent graduating seniors
View the 2014 – 2015 fact sheet here.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: MS, North Dakota State University
Teaches: Personality Theories, Cognition, Developmental Psychology, and Psychology of Religion
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, North Dakota State University
Teaches: Social Psychology, General Psychology, Psychology in Context, and Industrial and Organizational Psychology
University of Jamestown
6019 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Ben Kirkeby, MS Assistant Professor & Department Chair