The 3-2 engineering program provides a three-year course of study at University of Jamestown with an additional two years of study in one of many engineering programs at universities around the country.
Students completing the program receive two degrees: a Bachelor of Arts degree in mathematics from University of Jamestown and a Bachelor of Science in engineering from the university at which they complete their engineering courses. Recent University of Jamestown engineering students have completed their studies at several universities, including:
- Montana Tech (College of Mineral Science and Technology)
- North Dakota State University
- South Dakota School of Mines
- University of North Dakota
- University of South Dakota
- Washington University, St. Louis, Mo.
As a student interested in pre-engineering at University of Jamestown, you will benefit from:
- faculty whose main focus is teaching
- small class sizes assuring personal attention from instructors
- advisers who are informed about the requirements and opportunities in pre-professional areas
- a strong emphasis on the liberal arts, which will prepare you for professional school
- many organizations and activities providing opportunities to develop non-academic skills while pursuing your professional goals
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, Educational Mathematics, University of Northern Colorado; MS, Aerospace Engineering, University of Dayton
Teaches: College Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Statistics, Physics, Cosmos, Statics, Dynamics, Linear Algebra, Algebraic Structures, History of Mathematics, and Real Analysis
Certifications/Degrees: MS in Mathematics; BS in Mathematics and Computer Science, University of North Dakota
Teaches: Ideas in Mathematics, College Algebra, Calculus I, Calculus II, Ordinary Differential Equations, Partial Differential Equations, Visual Basic, and Advanced Web Design
Certifications/Degrees: Doctor of Education, Curriculum & Instruction; Montana State University-Bozeman
Teaches: College Algebra, Precalculus, Mathematics for Elementary Teachers I, II, and III, Applied Calculus, Calculus I, II, and III, Introductory Statistics, College Geometry, History of Mathematics, and Calculus for Teachers
University of Jamestown
6034 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Fatholah Kassemi, PhD Professor & Department Chair