If you love mathematics and can picture yourself guiding students through algebra, geometry, calculus, and more, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise as a mathematics teacher. Our Mathematics Secondary Education degree program provides a comprehensive mathematics background along with all of the requirements for secondary teacher licensure.
University of Jamestown Mathematics Secondary Education Distinctions
As a Mathematics Secondary Education major at University of Jamestown, you’ll benefit from:
- Numerous hands-on opportunities to meet and work with educators and students in the community
- The latest information with regard to legislation and regulations affecting the teaching profession
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- 99% average placement rate within six months after graduation for 2009 and 2010 graduating seniors
- University of Jamestown students are equipped with the skills necessary to face the demands and challenges of the teaching profession and who are well-prepared and confident that they will make an important difference in the lives of children and young adults.
- Students are encouraged to join the Student North Dakota Education Association, a professional organization which exposes members to greater knowledge of their field and provides opportunities to meet other education students and professionals. Other organizations in early childhood education, reading, mathematics, and science also afford opportunities for participation.
- Eligible students are invited to join Pi Lambda Theta, the international honor society and professional association in education.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: Post-doctorate in Mechanical Engineering, Princeton University;
MS and PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Southern Methodist University;
MS in Economics, Swiss Finance Institute;
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Sharif University
More information about the chair.
Certifications/Degrees: MS in Mathematics; BS in Mathematics and Computer Science, University of North Dakota
Teaches: Ideas in Mathematics, College Algebra, Calculus I, Calculus II, Ordinary Differential Equations, Partial Differential Equations, Visual Basic, and Advanced Web Design
Certifications/Degrees: Doctor of Education, Curriculum & Instruction; Montana State University-Bozeman
Teaches: College Algebra, Precalculus, Mathematics for Elementary Teachers I, II, and III, Applied Calculus, Calculus I, II, and III, Introductory Statistics, College Geometry, History of Mathematics, and Calculus for Teachers
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, Educational Mathematics, University of Northern Colorado; MS, Aerospace Engineering, University of Dayton
Teaches: College Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Statistics, Physics, Cosmos, Statics, Dynamics, Linear Algebra, Algebraic Structures, History of Mathematics, and Real Analysis
University of Jamestown
6034 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
Bruce Chehroudi, PhD Professor and Chairperson of the Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics Department
Bruce.Chehroudi@uj.edu | PH: 701-252-3467 ext. 4305