If you are looking for a program that focuses on how businesses use and apply computers and database technology in today’s information economy combined with a dynamic curriculum that will not only prepare you to make a living, but to prepare you for a life that is rich, rewarding and fulfilling, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
Management Information Science Major
The Management Information Science major focuses specifically on how businesses use and apply computers and database technology in today’s information economy. The major consists of computer courses that center on database use, programming and systems design and business courses such as accounting, finance, management, and marketing. These are designed to provide the student with the managerial skills and the technical competencies needed to effectively implement technology in a business environment.
University of Jamestown Management Information Science Distinctions
At University of Jamestown you have the opportunity to specialize in a diverse set of majors and minors that will allow you to tailor your individual program of study to suit your particular needs, interests, and career aspirations. Distinctions of the University of Jamestown Management Information Science program include:
- Computer classes taught in the new state-of-art Unruh and Sheldon Center for Business and Technology
- Three majors and two minors from which to choose
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- 98% average placement rate within six months after graduation for recent graduating seniors
- Students regularly score in the top three in academic business & computer science competitions at both state and national Phi Beta Lambda Leadership Conferences
- Numerous employers, such as Microsoft and UTC Aerospace Systems, repeatedly hire University of Jamestown computer science graduates
Outcomes Assessment Results, 2010-11
Specific coursework for this major is outlined can be viewed or downloaded here.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: D.Sc. Information Systems: Computer Security, Dakota State; M.S. Information Systems, Dakota State
Teaches: Information Security, Telecomm, Database Design and Admin, Website Design, Linux, Computer Arch. I and II, .NET programming, Graphics Dev.
Periodically, departments do employ adjunct faculty when full-time faculty do not have time within their schedules to teach all courses which the university wishes to be taught. Additionally, sometimes there is a community member or member of the staff at the University of Jamestown that holds a skill or has had education which makes it possible to teach a course which cannot otherwise be taught by regular full-time faculty. This list does change semester-to-semester.
Certifications/Degrees: MAT, Minot State University - Master of Arts in Teaching Mathematics and Computer Science
Teaches: Integrated Software Applications, Programming (Java, Web/PHP), Comparison of Programming Languages, Robotics, and Assistant Track Coach