If you are looking for an IT program that will allow you to apply computer applications, networking and databases to create solutions for a multitude of diverse users, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
Information Technology Major
The IT professional seeks to apply computer applications, networking, and databases to create solutions for individuals, organizations, education, and businesses. Students will study theory and applications of databases, web design, computer programming, networks, and operating systems. Students will learn to identify and evaluate current and emerging technologies and to assess their applicability to the users’ needs. The Liberal Arts environment at University of Jamestown allows students with an aptitude for technology to also take courses in areas of individual interest: music, communications, art, psychology, and more.
University of Jamestown Information Technology Distinctions
At University of Jamestown you have the opportunity to specialize in a diverse set of majors and minors that will allow you to tailor your individual program of study to suit your particular needs, interests, and career aspirations. Distinctions of the University of Jamestown Information Technology program include:
- Computer classes taught in the new state-of-art Unruh and Sheldon Center for Business and Technology
- Three majors and two minors from which to choose
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- 98% average placement rate within six months after graduation for recent graduating seniors
- Students regularly score in the top three in academic business & computer science competitions at both state and national Phi Beta Lambda Leadership Conferences
- Numerous employers, such as Microsoft and UTC Aerospace Systems, repeatedly hire University of Jamestown computer science graduates
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: MS, North Dakota State University
Teaches: C++ Programming, Operating Systems, Compiler Design, and Mgmt. of Information Systems
Certifications/Degrees: MBA, California State Polytechnic University, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Teaches: Integrated Software Applications, Systems Analysis and Design, Video Editing, Desktop Design, and Director of Assessment
Certifications/Degrees: Jamestown College
Teaches: Windows Server and Operating Systems
Certifications/Degrees: MAT, Minot State University - Master of Arts in Teaching Mathematics and Computer Science
Teaches: Integrated Software Applications, Programming (Java, Web/PHP), Comparison of Programming Languages, Robotics, and Assistant Track Coach
Teaches: PC networking and repair
Certifications/Degrees: ABD, Dakota State University
Teaches: Office Applications, Website Design, Database Design, Security, Visual Basic, Computer Architecture, and UNIX/LINUX
University of Jamestown
Computer Science & Technology Department
6006 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Erik Sand, MS Assistant Professor and Department Co-Chair & Department Chair