If you are looking for a program that promotes the awareness of our cultural heritage and the important national and international issues, institutions and movements, while gaining an awareness of issues associated with American politics and how American government works, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
University of Jamestown History-Political Science Distinctions
At University of Jamestown you have the opportunity to specialize in a diverse set of History and History-Political Science majors and minors that will allow you to tailor your individual program of study to suit your particular needs, interests, and career aspirations. Distinctions of the University of Jamestown History-Political Science program include:
- Three History-related majors complimented by three History-related minors
- A student community which creates an atmosphere of learning and mutual success
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- Past graduates have been accepted into prestigious law schools throughout the United States.
- Students pursuing graduate work in history, political science and related fields have been accepted into top graduate universities in the country.
- 98% average placement rate within six months after graduation for recent graduating seniors
Specific coursework for this major is outlined can be viewed or downloaded here.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, American History, Kansas State University
Teaches: U.S. history surveys, specialized courses in American Religion, the American West, the Civil War and Reconstruction Era, and American Economic History
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, International Relations, American University
Teaches: American Politics, Comparative Government, International Relations, Political Theory, Pre-Law, and Chinese and Indian History
Certifications/Degrees: PhD, Medieval History & Philosophy of History, Bryn Mawr College
Teaches: Ancient through Modern European History, Islamic History, and Disease in History
University of Jamestown
History - Political Science Department
6045 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Mark Joy, PhD Professor & Department Chair