University of Jamestown’s Graphic Design for E-Commerce curriculum offers the theory and skills students need for a career in graphic design, as well as providing the liberal arts background that employers seek.Graphic Design Factsheet
Graphic Design for E-Commerce Major
The Graphic Design for E-Commerce major at the University of Jamestown is offered by the Department of Computer Science and Technology with assistance from the Art Department, Department of Business, and Department of Communication Arts. This unique combination of courses in the areas of visual art, communication, marketing, and computer technology skills, is greatly needed to aid current business and industry. This major is offered for students whose interests and future endeavors may involve the creation or implementation of computer developed visual communications. Degrees in Graphic Design for E-Commerce lead to jobs in commercial art, website development and management, illustration, advertising, marketing and communications. In our unique program, you will:
- Learn the basics of good design, which include the way type and images are used to make visual statements. Whether your goal is to work in print or multimedia, you’ll learn to use the cutting-edge computer programs that every graphic designer today needs to know.
- Learn marketing skills that allow you to create an environment where your ultimate delivery goals are supported through market research, design and maintenance in every aspect of the organization to satisfy your target audience’s needs.
- Learn necessary communication skills to combine a convincing argument with the appropriate medium to effectively deliver your message.
Distinctions of the University of Jamestown Graphic Design for E-Commerce program include:
- Computer classes taught in the state-of-art Unruh and Sheldon Center for Business and Technology
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- Students regularly score in the top three in academic business & computer science competitions at both state and national Phi Beta Lambda Leadership Conferences
- 98% average placement rate within six months after graduation for recent graduating seniors
- Numerous employers, such as Microsoft and UTC Aerospace Systems, repeatedly hire University of Jamestown graduates
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: D.Sc. Information Systems: Computer Security, Dakota State; M.S. Information Systems, Dakota State
Teaches: Information Security, Telecomm, Database Design and Admin, Website Design, Linux, Computer Arch. I and II, .NET programming, Graphics Dev.
More information about the chair.
Certifications/Degrees: MA, Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
PhD, Capella University
Teaches: Business Mgmt., Human Resource Mgmt., Strategic Mgmt., Sales Mgmt., Operations & Production Mgmt.