While studying French at University of Jamestown, you’ll develop language skills and learn the culture with the guidance of experienced and fluent faculty, and you’ll have the opportunity to study abroad to immerse yourself even further. We invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise.
University of Jamestown French Distinctions
The Department of Foreign Language at University of Jamestown offers a bachelor of arts degree in French which combines on-campus coursework and advanced language study in a study abroad program or U.S.-based immersion program. You will benefit from:
- Native or near-native fluency of the teaching staff
- Advanced placement for credit at no additional tuition expense
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Individualized courses for special topics
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
Recent graduates from the University of Jamestown Department of Foreign Language have gone on to find success in a wide variety of careers, including:
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Education
- Casting director, Universal Studios
- Banking industry
- Teaching English in Japan
Alpha Mu Gamma is the national collegiate foreign language honor society. To be eligible for membership, students must have received grades of A in at least two semester courses in the same foreign language at the college level. Alpha Mu Gamma offers summer language scholarships for study abroad.
The International Student Organization offers a chance to experience and learn about other people, cultures, and world affairs. Club members take part in activities, host speakers, attend foreign language film showings and theatre performances, enjoy ethnic dinners, and share travel experiences.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
University of Jamestown
Foreign Language Department
6025 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Katherine Stevenson, MA Associate Professor of Foreign Language & Department Chair