A Fine Arts major with a Theatre concentration at University of Jamestown will take into account your individual goals and help you grow as an actor, director, designer, or playwright.
University of Jamestown Theatre Distinctions
Our program’s strength lies in our ability to tailor the program to your long-term ambitions. You will benefit from
- faculty who are dedicated to teaching and willing to work with students to have the best college experience
- numerous performance/behind the scenes opportunities (link)
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experiences, and co-curricular activities
- A variety of opportunities for financial assistance — Click the Scholarships Tab Above for More Information
Study in the areas of performance, direction, design, stagecraft, and literature will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the art and the ability to put that knowledge to work following graduation.
Specific coursework for this major is outlined can be viewed or downloaded here.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
University of Jamestown
Fine Arts - Theatre Department
6023 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
- Michael McIntyre Department Chair
University of Jamestown is proud to offer theatre scholarships to students who demonstrate talent in areas where you may grow as an actor, director, designer, or playwright.
We offer Theatre Major scholarships up to $6,500 annually (total value of up to $26,000 over four years), and theatre participation awards up to $2,500 annually (total value of up to $10,000 over four years) for students who wish to regularly participate in theatre, but plan to pursue other majors. An on-campus audition or interview is required for an award, and renewal is based on continued participation in the theatre program.
For more information regarding these award programs, please contact your admission counselor or:
Michael McIntyre, M.F.A.
Director of Theatre
(701) 252-3467, ext. 5436