A Fine Arts major with a Studio Art concentration at University of Jamestown will provide a foundation of traditional and innovative art cultures, trends, and media. You’ll learn from experienced faculty in a supportive environment with other dedicated student artists.
University of Jamestown Art Distinctions
The University of Jamestown Department of Art promotes each student’s development and growth in a positive learning environment with the support of both students and faculty. As an art student at University of Jamestown, you will benefit from:
- Engaged, passionate faculty who will know you and your work
- A program that will prepare you for either graduate school or a career
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experiences, and co-curricular activities
- Opportunities to explore your talents and display your work
- A sound liberal arts background
Graduates of University of Jamestown’s Department of Art have found rewarding employment across the country and around the world. Here are just a few examples:
- Animation, cartooning, and movie industry
- Graduate school in art
- Barclay’s Bank
- Professional artist
- Advertising manager
- Art teacher
- Fashion model
- State historic site supervisor
- Broadcast media professional
- Museum curator
Specific coursework for this major is outlined can be viewed or downloaded here.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
University of Jamestown
Fine Arts - Studio Department
6003 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
Sharon Cox, MFA Associate Professor & Department Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org | PH: 701-252-3467 ext. 5643