If you love working with young children and can picture yourself sharing your love for learning with today’s youth, we invite you to join our dynamic team of teachers and learners in an exciting journey to realize your potential and fulfill your promise as an elementary teacher. Our Elementary Education degree program provides a comprehensive and exciting academic curriculum complimented with all of the requirements for elementary teacher licensure.
University of Jamestown Elementary Education Distinctions
As an Elementary Education major at University of Jamestown, you’ll benefit from:
- Numerous hands-on opportunities to meet and work with educators and students in the community
- The latest information with regard to legislation and regulations affecting the teaching profession
- Small class sizes with the focus on excellence in teaching and student learning
- Significant opportunities for international study, hands-on field experience, and co-curricular activities
- 98% average placement rate within six months after graduation for recent graduating seniors.
- University of Jamestown students are equipped with the skills necessary to face the demands and challenges of the teaching profession and who are well-prepared and confident that they will make an important difference in the lives of children and young adults.
- Students are encouraged to join the Student North Dakota Education Association, a professional organization which exposes members to greater knowledge of their field and provides opportunities to meet other education students and professionals. Other organizations in early childhood education, reading, mathematics, and science also afford opportunities for participation.
- Eligible students are invited to join Pi Lambda Theta, the international honor society and professional association in education.
Our Academic Catalogs provide information on policies and procedures, the admissions process, programs of study, and degree requirements.
As course offerings can change from semester to semester, working with the Registrar’s office will ensure that your courses are kept on schedule so that you can graduate in four years.
Certifications/Degrees: M Ed, University of Illinois at Chicago
Teaches: Elementary Curriculum, Language Arts, Reading, Social Studies, and Children’s Literature; Secondary Reading in the Content Areas; Elementary and Secondary Pre-service Practicum students’ placements and student teaching supervision
Periodically, departments do employ adjunct faculty when full-time faculty do not have time within their schedules to teach all courses which the university wishes to be taught. Additionally, sometimes there is a community member or member of the staff at the University of Jamestown that holds a skill or has had education which makes it possible to teach a course which cannot otherwise be taught by regular full-time faculty. This list does change semester-to-semester.
Certifications/Degrees: Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from Drake University, Des Moines, IA
Ed.S. in Curriculum, Leadership, and Professional Development from Drake University
M.A. in Teacher Leadership from Drake University
BA in English and Spanish Secondary Education, Athletic Coaching, from Coe College in Cedar Rapids, IA
Iowa Teaching license
Certifications/Degrees: Ph.D in Educational Leadership: University of North Dakota; M.A. in Special Education: University of North Dakota; B.S. in Elementary Education: Mayville State University - Mayville, ND.
Teaches: Introduction to Teaching, Principles/Practices- Middle/Secondary School and Young Adult Literature. She will also head up the Assessment program in Education.
University of Jamestown
Teacher Education Department
6043 College Lane
Jamestown ND, 58405
Caroline Hagen, PhD Professor
email@example.com | PH: 701-252-3467 ext. 5434